Monday, July 6, 2015

Working on Future Posts

You likely won't get much posted today as I am working on new posts including a diverse and stimulating Friday Miscellanea and a new episode of my Retro Record Review feature: this one will be on the Goldberg Variations. And no, I won't be reviewing the Glenn Gould recordings.

I'm working my way through the complete Mozart on CD these days and I'm up in the low 100s (out of 170 CDs) listening to his church music. He wrote an amazing amount of amazing music for the church, not just the Requiem. After all, his main employer in his early career was the Archbishop of Salzburg. Here is the Great Mass in C minor, K. 427. This is the Royal Stockholm Philharmonic Orchestra & Monteverdi Choir conducted by John Eliot Gardiner:


Well, wow!

No comments: